Saturday, August 21, 2010

Supernatural Soundtrack - What a rip!


I just caught wind that there is a soundtrack for the show Supernatural. Immediately, I'm excited. I've always been both a fan of the show and a fan of the music that's on it. You see, Dean Winchester is stuck in a pretty firm time warp when it comes to his musical tastes. He's a big fan of Metallica and 80s rock in general, or as his brother Sam once referred to it; "The greatest hits of the Mullet rock era" (to which Dean gave the immortal reply; "Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cake-hole"). The very thought that there's a CD out there that compiles all this great music that fits the show to a "T" was enough for me to emit squeals of joy.

But those squeals were quickly stifled. The soundtrack is entirely instrumental. What the hell? It begs the question; why put it out at all if you're not going to give the fans what they want? Likely it has something to do with money; royalties can be a pain to pay.

Another great opportunity lost, and I'm back to playlists on my iPod. Anyone else as ticked off as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment