Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Movie Review: Eat Pray Love


On Sunday Mom and I had an afternoon at the movies, and she wanted to see Eat Pray Love, the new vehicle for Julia Roberts based on the best-selling book. Not top of my list of movies to see, but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's always good to step outside your box every now and then.

And I have to admit, I liked it. Quite a bit actually. Roberts plays a woman looking for meaning in her life, and ends up taking a year to live in Rome, India and then Bali. I could go on and on about how this is total wish-fulfillment for most women, as the average person could never afford to do this, but hey, it's an excuse to see lots of gorgeous scenery, and boy did we.

But that's not the only reason I liked it. As someone trying to do some soul-searching herself, I couldn't help be relate to what our heroine is going through. She tries to find what will make her whole and truly happy in life, including eathing pizza, and that's a journey that anyone can relate to. Plus she meets some colorful characters along the way, gets spiritual and again, that scenery makes the price of a ticket worthwhile. Plus it's Julia Roberts! The woman is luminous and doesn't seem to age, ever.

My Verdict: Give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment