Friday, March 12, 2010

The shock of the top twelve and my current annoyance with Idol



Just a quick update on my love-hate relationship with American Idol. The top twelve have been revealed, and there were some cuts I completely agreed with. Like Alex Lambert. How dare he share the same surname with my beloved Adam? I didn't get his appeal at all, he was way too timid and he had one of the worst haircuts I've ever seen. But other more talented stars got cut while less talented, or at least less appealing, ones stayed on. And I'm left scratching my head. Again.

I gotta say I was so annoyed with the first three live performances, I almost stopped watching right then and there. They were so...bland, so safe, so totally uninteresting. Plus, the 70s rocker went home that first week. I really liked him. I did applaud his willingness to call the judges out on their sometimes misleading advice, as shocking is was for a contestant to do that. The judges are a bit contradictory. It had to be said.

Really, I'm hanging in here purely for Simon, and because I still hold out hope that this will get better. Perhaps my faith is ill-placed. We shall see.

Check out AmericanIdol.com for the skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment