Monday, November 30, 2009

Album Review: For Your Entertainment


So Adam Lambert's album has finally dropped. You remember Mr. Lambert? The guy who graciously congratulated Kris Allen when he won American Idol, while Lambert himself placed second? The guy who really should have won? Can you tell I'm still a little bitter over that? Well, never mind, because the runner-ups first album is out and *whew!* it is good.

For Your Entertainment is exactly what I was hoping for. Sleek, thumping synth pop with a few ballads thrown in for good measure. A chance for Lambert to show off his glam roots and his vocals that reach all the way to the cheap seats.

The title track, also the first single (the cover of which is shown on the left here, as I've already shown the album cover in a previous post), allayed all fears when it came out a few weeks prior, but there's so much more on here. "Music Again" is another favorite of mine and many critics as well. It's that rare song that captures sheer joy. Tracks like "Strut" and "Sure Fire Winners" handle the heavy beats while "Whataya Want From Me", "Soaked" and the like handle the angst. It's all good people. Even the bonus track, the soapy ballad from the movie 2012, "Time for Miracles", can give you the chills.

If you'll forgive a little schadenfreude on my part, I hope Lambert kicks Allen's butt in album sales. That's the only way I'll feel that there's any justice in the universe.

My Verdict: Go out and buy it! Help make my sense of justice a reality! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment