Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Album Review: The Fame Monster


Say what you will about Lady Gaga. That girl knows her way around a pop/dance track.

Case in point; The Fame Monster, her new 8 track album and follow up to her massively successful The Fame. Actually, the great thing about the deluxe edition is that you get both Fame Monster and The Fame all in one. I'll have much to listen to with my car's CD player.

But enough about me and my car stereo (I love my new car!) The Fame Monster has got some awesome tracks. "Bad Romance" has been making the rounds on radio waves and iTunes, and with good reason. As I've stated before on this very blog, it's AWESOME! I've been humming it for weeks now. But there are other musical morsels to sample here as well. "Alejandro" has an 80's vibe mixed with Latin salsa. "Telephone", a duet with Beyonce, should be a club staple if it's not already. "Speechless" is a surprising addition, as it has a slower, retrospective Billy Joel kind of feel to it. "Monster" will have Team Jacob fans jumping. But for me, it doesn't get much better than "Teeth", which screams True Blood with a New Orleans beat and a declaration of "Big Man now show me your fangs!"

The Verdict: A nice tide-me-over. Hopefully more to come. But there'll definitely be more questionable fashion choices while we're waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment